blog background from DP

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My SIL Birthday Cake

I was asked to make a cake for my Sister-in-Law and I just didn't have a clue what I was going to make.  I though mybe I wouuld do some exotic flowers and butterfleiews, but the flowers I knew would take me far too long to make, so I made the good ol stand by, Roses!  It was suppose to be a flower pot with a rose bush growing out of it, but I didn't make enough roses to fill the flower pot (go figure), that's always the way it goes with me I suppose, I never have enough of one item usually!

The feedback was good I suppose, but they could say anything really and I wouldn't know if they wee lying because I wasn't there, I ended up staying home sick.  I could barely walk yesterday after working on this cake.  I don't know what happened other than my back just completely gave out!!  Timing could not have been worse!

Here is a picture of the cake, but please bare in mind that there should have been alot more flowers in the  middle and then some smaller flowers along the edges.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think or what's on your mind :-) Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.