blog background from DP

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hockey Skate

This was a last minute cake that I made for my nephew who was going back to Alberta to his home away from home.  He was recently drafted to a Junior Hockey team up there and was able to come home for Christmas.  Before he left I didn't have a chance to give him a congratulations cake and I was feeling really bad.  Then with Christmas and New Years, the time went by so quickly that I didn't even realize that it was time for him to leave again. 

So I quickly got the cakes I had in the freezer (I had luckily just made some) and I started carving them.  This was at 11:00 am on Sunday morning.  At 7:30 my brother called and asked if we were going to make it over there to say goodbye, WOW where had the time gone??  I couldn't believe that it was that late already but this cake was a bit of a challenge.  First I carved it, then it was crumbcoated in buttercream, put in the fridge to set, then I coated it with 2 coats of Chocolate Ganache and let that set, and finally it was covered in fondant.

The inspiration came from a picture I found on the internet but I can't rtemember the persons name so that I can give him/her credit :-( 

This is what I came up with:




Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!!

Annette

4 comments:

  1. How neat :0) I love it. I haven't been to a hockey game in 3 years :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my nephew loved it too, he didn't believe it was cake until he cut into it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I'm so impressed by cake people, you have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carla, I know what you mean I use to think that too until I started doing cakes 3 years ago :-)

    Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think or what's on your mind :-) Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.