blog background from DP

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

First Cards Ever Made

OK, I know these cards aren't the best anyone has ever seen, but I was pretty impressed with them.  I made them for Easter to give to my Family members and I think that they really like them.  Not really knowing how to do layouts and sketches and such., I decided to go simple and I remembered seeing a few cards that I thought I would be able to handle.

The first ones I did was standard white card stock that you can buy at Michaels in a package with matching white envelopes for real cheap (can't remember what it was I bought them so long ago).  I folded the cards in half and then cut some nice coloured card stock for which I had some matching ribbon.  I then ran the coloured pieces of paper through my cuttlebug (my latest toy) using the swirly embossing folder.  Then I glued it onto the fron of the card, added the ribbon, and made a small bow with the same ribbon and placed that on the card and I was done :-)  I was very happy with this card and thought since it was my first one I would also enter it in the http://cuttlebugblog.blogspot.com/ contest.  Here is a picture of these two cards:


Now remember, these are my first two so please don't laugh ........LOL  ok, well maybe just a little :-)

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think or what's on your mind :-) Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.