blog background from DP

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fire Truck Cake

I was asked to do a Fire Truck cake for a 50th Birthday for a Fire Chief.  Let me tell you I was a little worried, first of all I had never done a car, never mind a truck.  I couldn't do any of the accessories for the truck in advance because I didn't know exactly how big it was going to be until I had it crumbcoated which I couldn't do until the day before the cake was do.  So.................. you guessed it, I pulled an all nighter, actually it was more like 39 hours without sleep but I worked on the cake for about 24 hours including the time it sat in the freezer for the crumbcoat to set.  I am just starting out with the more detailed cakes so I'm alot slower than someone with more experience, plus the fact that I am working with a disability doesn't help but that's another post for another day.  Anyhow, back to the cake -






This is my favorite picture :-)  I'm so glad I decidied to do the dog.  He was a last minute decision when the cake and everything else was already done and I was about to go out the door (I hadn't called yet to say I was coming over and it was only 8:30 in the morning) so I decdided to go for it.  I think it really finished off the scene having the dalmation there, even though he's a little short and fat to be a dalmation, but that's what I'm going with :-)  That's it for now, see you again and have a great Sunday.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think or what's on your mind :-) Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.